- Darren Sproles is exciting to watch in real life, but he's pretty entertaining in this NFL.com Fantasy Files video:
Less Tomlinson, more Sproles. [Shutdown Corner]
- Your eyes may be deceiving you when it comes to arguing against UZR and other advanced fielding statistics. [FanGraphs]
- Brian Orakpo is playing well and impressing the coaching staff. [Redskins Insider]
- Danny Granger had to alter his Batcave plans a bit:
Granger: [...] I wanted an underground tunnel entrance. I had to take that out. I found out there's so many state codes and laws against that (laughing) so we had to take that one out. But we still have the underground thing going on and I mean I've got cars and things that turn my cars and I even got sort of like a moat thing going on so it will be interesting to see.
Why didn't Gilbert Arenas think of this idea first? [Ball Don't Lie]
- Mike Wise describes Phillip Daniels's determination to return after tearing his ACL last season. [Washington Post]
- Jim Rice doesn't think many of today's major leaguers are good role models for kids. [ESPN]
- Ladell Betts will probably be the main third-down running back this season, and I'm not so sure that's a good thing. [Redskins Insider]
- This just in: The Redskins defense should be pretty good. [ESPN]
- In just under 10 innings pitched this season, Kam Mickolio has been outstanding. [The Schmuck Stops Here]
- Although they've been doing a better job over the last few months, the O's need to play better defensively. [Camden Crazies]
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Weekly Rundown: Sproles, Betts, Mickolio
Weekly Rundown is a combination of links and brief comments on stories and topics that I couldn't get to during the week. If there's something important that I missed, don't hesitate to send an email or leave a comment.