Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Tom Coughlin is a nice guy

Earlier today Dan Steinberg of the D.C. Sports Bog discussed some comments from Albert Haynesworth about when Tom Coughlin (coaching in Jacksonville at the time) asked some odd questions before Haynesworth had been drafted:

The Giants, of course, are coached by Tom Coughlin, a man who had once grilled Haynesworth on his ethics before he was drafted, when Coughlin was still in Jacksonville.

"I spent three or four hours on the phone with him the day before the draft," Haynesworth said. "He kept asking me these questions that didn't quite make sense to me. He's like, 'OK, if I ask you to do something and you know it's the wrong thing to do, what are you going to do?' So I'm like, 'Well, I'll do the right thing.' And he said, 'No, do what I say.' We kind of clashed at the time. I said, 'Yeah, I don't need to go to Jacksonville.' "

Classy guy, that Tom Coughlin -- not that Haynesworth is exactly leading the league in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment