- Eagles RB Brian Westbrook is day-to-day with a right ankle strain. He will probably be questionable for the team's Sunday night game against the Bears.
- The Browns plan to give backup QB Brady Quinn more reps in practice this week. As the Browns continue to struggle, don't be surprised if he takes over for starter Derek Anderson at some point in the near future.
- Ravens safety Dawan Landry appears to be doing well after being carted off the field yesterday against the Browns.
- Lions QB Jon Kitna sprained his knee against the 49ers. Lions fans don't appear to care too much.
- The Detroit Lions, St. Louis Rams, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, and Kansas City Chiefs are all 0-3. The Houston Texans are 0-2, and if the San Diego Chargers lose tonight against the New York Jets, they would also be 0-3. Very interesting start to the season.
- If the Patriots play anymore games like they did against the Miami Dolphins, pay attention to how Randy Moss acts as the season rolls along and frustration mounts.
- Finally, this isn't any NFL news, but here is a gem from DJ Gallo's Week 3 article for ESPN.
9. There's an NFLshop.com commercial that shows someone's den decked out in Pittsburgh Steelers paraphernalia from floor to ceiling. The camera pans the room, then finally pauses on a traditional lamp with the text: "What's with the lamp?" The commercial is a bit of a cheap shot. Do you want to know what happened to the lamp, NFL Shop? Do you? The Steelers' offensive line was house-sitting for a fan and was asked to protect that lamp. Despite their best efforts, a whole wave of burglars broke in and stole it the second the owner left. But I'm glad you find robbery and home invasion so funny, NFL.
Good stuff there. Enjoy Monday Night Football and Tony Kornheiser hyperventilating over the presence of Brett Favre.