Thursday, February 26, 2009

Kurkjian has some harsh but honest words for Mike and Mike

ESPN's Tim Kurkjian, who regularly appears on the radio show Mike and Mike in the Morning, apparently has no problem being brutally straightforward on what he thinks about the show.

"I've acknowledged several times on that show that 'this is the stupidest show I’ve ever been on.' And I really mean that and I actually mean that in a really nice way. You suspend all journalism, obviously, when you go on that show, and I've made the point several times that I used to be a journalist, but now I’m a cartoon character when I go on their show."

If you've ever listened to Mike and Mike, you know exactly what he's talking about. Then again, it's not really a good thing to have one of the better baseball writers come on a show to be "a cartoon character" for 15 minutes.

If you're a fan of Mike and Mike, Kurkjian's comments certainly won't sway your decision to keep listening. Nonetheless, his thoughts are pretty funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment