Thursday, January 17, 2013

More proof that Alfred Morris is awesome

Alfred Morris is probably my favorite current D.C. athlete. He had a fantastic 2012 season, breaking the Redskins' single-season rushing record -- as a rookie. But he's not just a fan favorite because of his talent, but also because of his work ethic, charity work, and especially the love of his car (his 1991 Mazda). The latter has been the subject of multiple enjoyable stories and quotes, and that was the case yet again yesterday.

Here's what Morris had to say after teammates joked (possibly) that his car would never make it to Florida if he drove there during the offseason:
“And I was like, ‘Don’t make me prove a point,’” Morris recalled. “Because my baby is durable, and she’ll make it down to Florida. It definitely is a reflection of who I am: dependable, humble, down to earth, not flashy at all. It fits me perfectly…It’s all manual. A little extra exercise never hurt anybody. So I don’t have a radio in it, I don’t have speakers. I thought about putting some in one time, but I was like, ‘Nah.’ I kind of just ride to my thoughts. I might sing a song or something if it do get too quiet, but I like riding in silence, so it works out perfectly.”
That's right: "I kind of just ride to my thoughts." Don't ever change, Alfred.